Girls Freshman Volleyball
If you're planning to attend tryouts for HHS Volleyball, here is some important information you need to know:
- Tryouts will be held Monday, 2/15, through Wednesday, 2/17 (yes, even though Monday is a holiday). For the first day, please use the following guidance to determine which session you should attend. At the end of the first day, the coaches will direct you which session to attend the following day:
- If you are a returning Freshman player or a new 9th grader, you'll be trying out in Session 1 from 3:30-5pm. Please arrive between 3:15-3:25pm and enter through Door 14 (front right side of the school).
- If you are a returning JV or Varsity player or a new 10th/11th/12th grader, you'll be trying out in Session 2 from 5-6:30pm. Please arrive between 4:45-4:55pm and enter through Door 14 (front right side of the school, next to the cafeteria).
- Door 14 is the only access point for tryouts. At the door, the athlete will follow a QR code to complete a survey with COVID-related questions. She will be checked in by a coach and given nametags. No spectators will be allowed inside the school.
- Important items to bring with you to tryouts:
- Water - you must have a 32 oz. or larger water bottle to be allowed to participate; we cannot provide water to players this year.
- Masks will be required at all times, while inside the school. Please plan ahead and try out a few different mask styles while being active to determine which mask works best for you. In the event you forget, disposable masks will be available.
- Do not bring any other equipment (such as a personal ball) to tryouts; we have all the equipment needed and will be working diligently to ensure everything is properly sanitized for the athletes' use.
If you have any questions, please email Coach Jessie Tramontozzi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you're interested in trying out for Herndon High School Volleyball on 2/15-17, here are the steps you need to complete by Friday, 2/12:
- Register for sports at Herndon! This is a requirement this year and will make our check-in process much smoother. Please use this link: https://herndon-ar.
rschooltoday.com/ to register to try out for volleyball (If you're playing a winter sport, you should not need to do this process again, please just add volleyball to your list of activities so we know to expect you at tryouts).
- This is also the new platform for concussion education, which is required for all student-athletes and one parent per family. Even if you have already done this, you'll need to do it again at this link - sorry to those of you who were ahead of the game and already did this :(
- Submit your physical to Lisa Petruzzi (LTPetruzzi@fcps.edu) via email.
- Please note: no physical paperwork will be accepted on Monday. Registration must be completed online in advance to be eligible to participate.
If you'd like to be added to volleyball's distribution email list, please send your contact information to Coach Jessie Tramontozzi at email@example.com.