Boys Freshman Football
November 4, 2020
Dear Herndon Community,
Beginning Monday, November 2, FCPS activities and athletic programs will transition to a new online student registration system. This new system offers a host of benefits for schools and community members including:
- One stop shop for registering your student for athletic programs and many common activities occurring throughout the school year
- Electronic submission of the emergency care card and weight room waiver- only have to fill these out once!
- A new home for the state-mandated concussion education program
Each family will create an account and from this account, can register their student(s) for various activity and athletic opportunities. While registering does not guarantee a spot on the team, this information will help to ensure your student is ready to go on the first day of tryouts. Students can be registered for one or more activities throughout the year and families can sign in as needed to update information.
Please note the following:
- You will still need to submit a valid VHSL Pre-participation Exam Form (physical) directly to Herndon’s Athletic Trainer, Lisa Petruzzi at LTPetruzzi@fcps.edu prior to your student’s participation; all other requirements will be completed through this registration process.
- Families who have already submitted their concussion education verification form will be asked to verify completion again as part of the registration process. We do apologize for any inconvenience- please bear with us as we make this change
The new registration site is available here: https://herndon-ar.rschooltoday.com/
Should you have questions regarding the registration process, please contact DSA / Jonathan Frohm at JMFrohm@fcps.edu.
Director of Student Activities
For those who do not know me. I am coach Coghlan and I am the head football coach at Herndon High School. This will be my 3rd year as the head football coach and my 15 year coaching football at HHS. I hope everyone is excited to begin the 2021 school year. Even though the school year is starting differently from past years the focus on academics should be everyone’s priority. Starting a school year virtually has never been done before so please remain patient with the process. If you come across obstacles during this virtual learning period, then please reach out to your teachers. Never be afraid to ask a question!
Starting on September 22ND, we will begin in person football conditioning sessions on the stadium field. This give everyone 3 weeks to email their forms to head athletic trainer. Football conditioning days will be held on Tuesday and Thursday’s. Attached is a conditioning manual to help you get acclimated to our stretches, agility drills, and conditioning. Our program will eventually move to into phase 2/3 (limited equipment) beginning in October.
Every student will be required to email a completed 2020 Physical form and Concussion education page to our athletic trainer. We are allowed to have a maximum number of 50 people at each session and this includes coaches. The first 50 students athletes to email their physical forms will be permitted workout on the 9/22/2020. If we have more than 50 forms turned into Ms. Petruzzi then I will schedule a second workout session, TBT.
Email both Physical Examination Forms and LAST page of Concussion education forms: Athletic Trainer Ms. Petruzziemail@example.com
- The county has given us mandatory guidelines for to follow and are nonnegotiable.
- 10 feet social distance
- Each participating coach completes the Pre-Activity Form, including a temperature check, for themselves before interacting with students
- Students arrive in staggered fashion
- Recommend establishing a designated drop-off/pick-up area- Door 5 (No cars will be permitted in the back near the stadium).
- As students arrive, Athletic trainer or Coach approaches the student’s car window
- Coach MUST be wearing a cloth face covering or mask
- The coach completes the Pre-Activity Form for each student BEFORE the student exits the car, including a temperature check for EACH workout
- If the student displays no symptoms, has at least 32 ounces of water and has a temperature less than 100.4, they may exit the car
- Anyone with symptoms, a temperature of 100.4 and above or does not have adequate water MUST be sent home
Specific Requirements: Post-Activity
- Encourage students to return home immediately to shower and change clothes
- The coach MUST be the last person to leave the facility following the workout
- All students must leave immediately at the conclusion of the workout
Remind: I will be sending out information through the REMIND app. Please follow the instructions to receive updates. All other updates will be listed on the football webpage: herndonathletics.org
Please let me know if you have questions. Please forward this email anyone who is interested playing football. Have a great weekend!