Announcements and Important Events
Welcome back to sports! Our goal is to continue providing athletic opportunities for our students in the safest possible manner. To that end, we ask for your help in a couple of critically important areas.
Please, do not send your child to practice or workouts if:
- He/she complains of not feeling well and/or has any of the following:
- Feeling feverish and/or having chills (if documented temperature/fever of 100.4F or greater)
- A new cough not due to another health condition
- Fatigue (more tired than usual)
- Nasal congestion or runny nose
- A new sore throat not due to another health condition
- New chills not due to another health condition
- New muscle pain not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise
- New loss of taste or smell, new onset of poor appetite or poor feeding Abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
- He/she has been exposed to an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 or displays signs or symptoms associated with COVID-19
- He/she has been tested for COVID-19 and is awaiting results OR another family residing in the same house has been tested and is awaiting results
The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) recently recommended the following: “During times of substantial COVID-19 activity VDH strongly advises athletes to wear masks at all times during group training, competition, and on the sidelines.”
Beginning Friday, December 11, students participating in FCPS athletic programs, to include in-season practices and competitions as well as out-of-season workouts, are required to wear masks during all aspects of athletic participation in all sports with the exception of wrestling, gymnastics and swim and dive.
With everyone’s help, we look forward to a successful season!