Announcements and Important Events
Dear Herndon Community,
Summer is about to begin, but fall sports are just around the corner! Golf season begin on July 29th, Freshman Football begins on August 9th and all other fall sports will begin on August 2nd .
- Coed Cheerleading - Aug 2nd
- Coed Golf - July 29
- Boys & Girls Cross Country - Aug 2nd
- Field Hockey (JV & Varsity) - Aug 2nd
- Football (Freshman, JV & Varsity),- Aug 2nd (JV & Varsity) and Aug 9th (Freshmen)
- Girls Volleyball (Freshman, JV & Varsity)- Aug. 2nd
You must register with the online student registration system.
Each family will create an account and from this account, can register their student(s) for various activity and athletic opportunities. While registering does not guarantee a spot on the team, this information will help to ensure your student is ready to go on the first day of tryouts. Students can be registered for one or more activities throughout the year and families can sign in as needed to update information.
- Registration Site at https://herndon-ar.rschooltoday.com/
- Use your personal email to open an account if you don’t already have one. Please note that the (firstname.lastname@example.org accounts will not work).
- Once you open an account, you will get a confirmation email. You MUST confirm the account in order to complete registration.
- This registration includes your emergency care information and concussion education- those are no longer separate things you need to turn in.
Please note the following:
- You will still need to submit a valid VHSL Pre-participation Exam Form (physical) directly to Herndon’s Athletic Trainer, Lisa Petruzzi at LTPetruzzi@fcps.edu prior to your student’s participation; all other requirements will be completed through this registration process. All current physicals on file for this past school year will expire on June 30th. Please make sure your student-athlete has turned in a new one to participate in summer workouts and their upcoming seasons. There is a new form our for 2021, this is the only one we can accept so please take this form with you when you go! Scan and email (easy to do from your phone!) the completed form to Mrs. Petruzzi at LTPetruzzi@fcps.edu so they can be added to our database.
- If you have any questions, please contact LTPetruzzi@fcps.edu or JMFrohm@fcps.edu for assistance.