Announcements and Important Events
Are you interested in playing a fall sport at Herndon HS? We offer Football, Field Hockey, Volleyball, Golf, Cross Country and Cheer.
Check your summer plans now because High School Sports begin in August.
- Golf begins on August 1st, 2019
- Football, Cheer, Field Hockey, Volleyball and Cross Country begin on Aug. 5th.
Each rising 9th grade student is automatically eligible to participate in athletics. Students must maintain a full course load (minimum of 5 classes for credit towards graduation) and must pass at least 5 classes for credit towards graduation at the semester and end of year mark. Students have 8 semesters of consecutive eligibility once they enter the 9th grade for the first time.
Students and parents will need to complete several steps prior to participating in high school sports, including:
- A completed VHSL Pre-Participation Exam Form (must be on the VHSL form and completed after May 1, 2019, in order to be valid for the 2019-20 school year). Please note: You can also choose to have your student attend an upcoming VHSL Pre-participation Physical Exam screening. These will take place at 25 locations in May and June.
- Parent Concussion Education - Review and sign / document online.
- Student Concussion Education - Review and sign / document online.
- An Emergency Care Card (available as part of FCPS General Registration packet).
For forms visit:
Physical and concussion education forms must be turned directly into the athletic trainer prior to tryouts. Forms may be dropped off to the athletic trainer on Thursday, August 1st, from 10-2 pm. Location of drop off will be announced on website () and twiiter @ herndonsports. Still TBD due to rennovations. The emergency care form is to be turned in directly to the coach at tryouts.
Exact times and locations for tryouts will be posted on the website, , in the coming weeks.
Questons – Contact DSA Jonathan Frohm at