Home of the Fighting Hornets
Preseason Schedule (updated 02/13/17)
Please see below on paperwork and communicate any questions or concerns. If your child has played another sport through HHS you do not need to turn in another physical or for you to take the concussion ed again. All other forms must be filled out and turned in to Boys Lacrosse as those are not shared by the activities office and Boys Lacrosse must have them on hand. Physicals go directly to Mrs. Petruzzi. All other forms can be turned in at the time of equipment hand out. Please note at the bottom of this section the requirement from the HHS ATC.
Required Forms for HHS Boys Lacrosse
1. VHSL Physical Form, requires Dr.'s signature, turned into HHS Athletic Trainer office, physicals turned in for Fall or Winter sports count.
2. FCPS Emergency Care Card, new form for Lacrosse MUST be turned in.
3. FCPS Participation Policy and Pledge, new form for Lacrosse MUST be turned in.
4. HHS Boys Lacrosse Equipment Contract, new form for Spring Season MUST be turned in. Equipment borrowed for summer/off season play MUST be turned in with form.
5. Player AND Parent Concussion education, both player and parent must complete the online training. (Please note that the Communicable Disease sign off is now part of Concussion Ed.)
All forms and links to training can be found on the Varsity team web page at www.herndonathletics.org under the Team Files tab.
From HHS ATCs.....
**Please remind your athletes to get their physicals turned in and get concussion education completed by 2/16 if they want to participate in the first day of practice on 2/20. Those who do not have this paperwork completed by the 16th will not practice on the 20th.
2. Equipment hand out
We will be handing out equipment on the following schedule: Wednesday, 2/15, Juniors and Seniors, 5:30-7; Thursday, 2/16, Freshmen and Sophomores from 315-430 (late bus day). Players may wear their own gear with the exception of a helmet. All players must have an FCPS issued helmet. If players have gear checked out for off season use it MUST be turned in at this time. ***Gear will only be handed out to those with ALL their paperwork handed in.
3. Player Team Pack
Lastly, please budget $75 for mandatory Team Pack items. These will be items include Game shirt, practice shorts, game shorts and sweat pants and will be kept by the players after the season.
4. Practice Times
Next week we will be practicing Monday through Saturday (2/20-25). M-F we will be starting in the 5/5:30 range and ending in the 7/7:30 range. Right now we are waiting for confirmation from the Activities Office on times and will send an update once this has been confirmed. Saturday's practice will in the morning. Again, waiting to confirm times. Once we get past the first week we will move to our "normal" M-F, 415-630 time slot.
Until HHS basketball ends, and we can take over that locker room, players needing to leave sticks, bags and gear may do so in the Lacrosse equipment room after practice. We will open the equipment room 20 minutes before practice the next day so that players may pick up their items.